2015年12月17日星期四

Big Permanent Magnet Assembly

Assembly including Big Neodymium Block Magnets & Yoke

Inquire China Rare Earth Magnet Limited: 
I need a big permanent magnet assembly in my experiment. I got your information because I was told that you have helped us to build a hallbach array magnet many years ago for our lab and I hope I could get your professional help again to build a new one this time.

Here is a brief introduction about the role of the permanent assembly. In my experiment, I need an assembly to generate a fairly uniform B field in a volume of space (air gap), in which, I will put a long squared duct with big block dimension, and the B field in this section should be close to 0.8T (the change of B field intensity should be within 5% in the whole region)

After comparing between different ideas, we come up with the final design of the assembly by using two same neodymium magnetic blocks facing to each other with a distance of 5cm and they are connected by a yoke. I attached a brief sketch.

Neodymium Block Magnets














With the requirement in my experiment, plus some simulations I did by a commercial software, I found out the size of one of those two magnet blocks. And we need two of such a block. The remanent flux density I used in my calculation is 14T which is close to your N52 grade of neodymium magnet material (Br=14.2T). My results may be off from the real situation and even from your calculation but I think it is still a good start.

Now, my questions will be
1: could your company make a monolithic permanent magnet block with the size I mentioned above, instead of putting several smaller pieces together?
2: How much it will cost for the magnet materials only? And if you could do the whole magnetic assembly for us, how much more it will be or how much in total?

没有评论:

发表评论